Best Vitamins for Women
What Are The Best Vitamins for Women?
Taking the best vitamins for women should be made part of one's daily routine. So, what are the best vitamins for women?
Vitamins for women are a crucial component for today's fast paced lifestyle. Women are often trying to juggle family, career, homeschooling, education, and need help maintaining proper nutritional balance.
Getting all the nutrients required will prevent stress, fatigue, infections and all sorts of health problems. Proper diet is very hard to maintain for women in many different cultures. This is the main reason for taking a multivitamin or a mixture of the best vitamins for women and why regular use is so helpful to women.
Generally, women need Vitamin A, the B-Vitamins especially Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12 and Biotin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
Vitamin A has always been known to promote good eyesight. You must have heard this from long ago, that consuming Vitamin A-rich foods, specifically squash and carrots, can markedly improve one's eyesight and prevent blindness. But Vitamin A's role is not limited to the protection of the eyesight alone. It is also somehow involved in the maintenance of healthy bones, teeth, and skin. A woman needs up to 5,000 International Units of Vitamin a day, with 20% of which preferred to consist of beta-carotene.
The B-vitamins are also among the best vitamins for women, they being involved in many important processes of the body. Vitamin B1 or thiamine, for one, improves the body's response to diseases. It has also been linked to metabolism and brain health. Vitamin B2 or riboflavin is an energy-producer, keeping one on her toes most of the time. Vitamin B3 or niacin meanwhile regulates cholesterol levels, the chances of which increasing also increases with age. Vitamin B5, known to many as pantothenic acid, like Vitamin B1, boosts the immune system, while Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, gives protection to the arteries, thus preventing a number of heart diseases. Vitamin B9 which is folic acid is necessary in the formation of red blood cells, and is highly recommended to women who are pregnant or trying to be pregnant. Studies and experiences have shown reductions in birth defects following the recommended intake of folic acid during pregnancy. Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamain maintains nerve function and improves memory. It also enables the absorption of foods in order to produce energy. Last but not the least significant of the B-vitamins is Biotin, which is involved in the metabolism of fat and protein and their conversion into energy.
Vitamin C is very essential to women at any age. An antioxidant, Vitamin C helps to ward off common colds and other illnesses while at the same time increasing energy levels. Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits, but a good amount of Vitamin C can also be found in vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, onion, and pepper.
Vitamin D is very important in the absorption of calcium, the mineral that plays a significant role in the development of healthy bones and teeth and in the prevention of osteoporosis, a debilitating disease that results from the reduction of bone mass. Activated by sunlight, Vitamin D has also been found to prevent colon cancer.
Women need Vitamin E, as well, it being involved in the health maintenance of the hair and skin. Also an antioxidant, Vitamin E helps protect the body from free radicals that could accelerate the ageing process. Vitamin E has also been found to prevent certain types of cancer.
Finally, Vitamin K. Vitamin K prevents massive bleeding by enabling the proper coagulation of blood. As such it has to be included in the list of the best vitamins for women as well.
The use of a multivitamin for women will help you be sure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals that you are not getting from the foods you eat. While a multivitamin is better than nothing, it is not so easy to find the best vitamins for women considering the different stages of a woman's life.
I'm sure you have heard how important it is for women to get enough calcium. Calcium keeps a woman strong especially later in life when osteoporosis can strike post-menopausal women.
Dairy is another item many women find themselves short on either because of allergies or other restrictions on their diet. Even though calcium is available from many foods it is still difficult to consistently get enough and why multivitamins are so beneficial for a woman's health. Three of the best vitamins for women are Vitamin K which is helpful for blood clotting and vitamin C for tissue health and iron which is crucial for healthy cells and muscles. Vitamin B complex helps regulate some of you body's functions and is also helpful in reducing stress.
Each one of these vitamins is available in individual doses but for convenience it makes much more sense for everyone to take a multivitamin for women which contain them all in one easy to take package. Be sure to investigate different brands of multivitamins some are better than others. There are differences in both quality and quantity of each vitamin and mineral contained from brand to brand.
Don't forget to see if there is a multivitamin designed specifically for your stage of life. Finding the best vitamins for women suited for your age will be highly recommended.
And now, if you are eager to discover one of the best vitamins for women available today, just click here for more details about it.
Why Take The Best Vitamins For Women?
You might not have considered finding out what are the best vitamins for women just yet, but if you happen to be a woman, this is something that you should give particular attention, too. It does not matter what your age is or which generation you belong, vitamins should be made part and parcel of your life. You must have been aware of the importance of vitamins; from day 1, this is something that your teacher must have stressed, and continues to stress. Yet, you cannot have an information overload, especially not when it comes to your health. There's always a new piece of information coming out, a new discovery, a new secret.
While you know that vitamins are important, you probably do not know what are the best vitamins for women specifically. Apparently, there are vitamins that are more suited to a woman's needs to maintain bone health, breast health, heart health, and general well being, and these are:
1. Vitamin A - The benefits of Vitamin A are too many and too significant to take for granted, especially by women. As an anti-oxidant, Vitamin A gives the body more protection against many illnesses and certain types of cancer. It's been known to improve vision, helps in the development of stronger bones, regulates bad cholesterol levels. Vitamin A is also said to be a beauty vitamin as it reduces fine lines, wrinkles and other visible signs of aging, and even acne blemishes. Ideally, a woman needs 3,500 up to 5,000 International Units of Vitamin A, with 20% of which preferably in the form of beta-carotene.
2. Vitamin B Complex - Vitamin B complex is composed of 8 vitamins that are all necessary in the maintenance of good health. Vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B7 are needed to produce energy, Vitamin B6 is important in the process of metabolism, while Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B9 are both essential in cellular processes. There are studies suggesting that regular consumption of Vitamin B-complex helps fight cancer as well.
3. Vitamin C - Vitamin C is another powerful antioxidant, that when combined with Vitamin B complex can fight off cancer cells. Vitamin C is also necessary in the absorption of protein. In itself, Vitamin C is an immune system booster; it also contributes to the body's natural healing properties. Women are advised to consume 85 mg of Vitamin C everyday to maintain good health.4. Folic Acid - Folic Acid is very important to pregnant women as this has been shown to lower the risk of birth defects, like spina bifida, for instance. Folic Acid may be taken by women who want to get pregnant soon as this has also been found to facilitate a healthy pregnancy.
5. Vitamin E - Vitamin E is another essential vitamin to women. Also an antioxidant, Vitamin E helps to fight off the free radicals that accelerate the aging process, which is a common concern of women. Vitamin E restores one's vitality and helps her look and feel younger.
6. Vitamin D, Calcium, and Magnesium - Vitamin D, calcium and magnesium all work together to improve bone health. Everybody knows that as one reaches the age of 30, the bone mass starts to decrease, predisposing one to the development of osteoporosis.